Getting Old is a BS Excuse
Caleb is one of my favorite characters in the Bible..
At 85 years old he went into battle and took land for Israel.
In fact, in Joshua 14:10 he says "So here I am today, eighty-five years old! I am still as strong today as the day Moses sent me out; I’m just as vigorous to go out to battle now as I was then."
He was always ready to take ground and kick butt. No matter what. He NEVER used his age as an excuse to keep doing less and less.
Unfortunately that is not the case for most people.
I often hear people calling themselves old and justifying age as an excuse to aspire to less and less.
Just the other day I was talking to a friend from my home town.
In his well meaning conversation, he kept telling me to slow down and take it easy. I was pushing too hard with my life.
Even though I consider this guy a good friend, I have to consider the source. He has made a mess of his own health and his fitness is moving backward at a rapid pace rather than forward.
Sadly, this is the case with many people as they reach middle age. They start placing limits on themselves creating the self-fulfilling prophecy of being old by the way they think and act.
Last week I turned 51 years young. I say this because at 51 I've actually gotten better than I was at 41.
- I'm stronger on my big lifts
- I'm more flexible
- I've had less injuries than when I was in my 20s
- I'm leaner
No I'm not blessed with great genetics or just "lucky."
I attribute it to 4 things:
1. Wisdom - I have learned to train smarter as I have aged which allows me to still train hard.
2. A solid nutrition and supplementation program- Through many years of implementing different strategies and acquiring more knowledge, I now know how to eat to fuel my body and stay lean at the same time.
3. A healthy mindset- Just like a muscle, your mind needs to be developed. I now realize a lot of my own obstacles and setbacks were to due to a weaker mindset.
4. Making mobility and flexibility work a HIGH priority. Here's a fact - if you don't actively challenge your range of motion as you age, your movement patterns will get worse. Doing regular work on this has allowed me to continue to do highly active things without getting injured.
I'm calling the "getting old" excuse complete B.S just like Caleb did.
There is still fire in your belly.
You can still do great things and improve.
What's it going to be?
Buy the lie and do less and less? Then reserve your room now for the assisted living and get really good at playing cards?
Or are you ready to push back and keep living your BEST life.
It will take work and effort but I promise it will be worth it.
If you are not already working with us, hit the button below to set up a SUCCESS SESSION with me. Let's come up with a plan together on how to make 2023 the TOP year of your life.
Dedicated to your results,